BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Soggy but Happy (Miami Recap)

Holy cow. What a weekend. I think I’m still drying out. (Mental Note: Quit balking. This is the year I break down and get a rain suit.) Seriously. The really fun part was the soaking feet. My socks were just like glorified sponges by halftime. Felt like I was walking in wet sand or something all evening. Joy. I hope I’ve done no permanent damage to the interior of my vehicle with all the wet rain and tailgating gear that got unceremoniously tossed into the truck before the game. Rain games. Man. Always a treat.

We got set up nice and early - 9am! (Red Bull = honorary Non-Alcoholic Tailgate Drink!) Promptly put the hair up and the fleece on because it was COLD and WET. Thankfully Steve was not far behind us with his tents, because boy, did we need them...it rained ALL DAY.

All things considered though, we had an amazing tailgate and, seriously, who doesn’t LOVE throttling Miami? We brought the wood. Ryan Williams is the STUD I knew him to be back in the Spring Game...and Tyrod has finally been turned loose to work the magic that he is capable of. I love it!! (AND, we blocked a kick! BeamerBall, Baby!!!)

I am having some computer issues, but will try to get pictures up soon…I’ve got a couple of us huddled in our little Tailgating Tent City. But in the meantime, I’m just going go revel in the fact that I get to take a break from traveling this weekend, since it’s an away game. Whew!! Excellent! And, it should hopefully be a nice one to watch on tv, with an early start so I can actually get caught up on all the things I’ve put off over this last month’s weekends. (Man, y’all don’t want to know my laundry situation, seriously!)

I’ll be back…

0 comments: