BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Gotta Hand it to the Hokies

Go Hokies!!! It was great...started out the morning with a fantastic drive to Blacksburg...catching up with Naomi, Bri, and April...then, a brisk walk (ahem..."brisk" is referring to "we tried to walk as fast as we could") across Tech campus. Okay...I have to stop here for just a moment. What the heck was up with this...we parked in the commuter lot, and it took 1.35 hours...yes...H-O-U-R-S to get to the German Club. Sumfin' ain't right cha? Right. I love Hokies...but dang, really? Do THAT MANY Hokies not know where the dang stadium is?

We went EVERYWHERE...I now know all the dorms, side streets..and now - even the trails through the woods. Did you know that there were WOODS on campus? WATCH OUT there are!!! Along with a big dork dressed in a tight shirt acting like some kind of friggin' bouncer for this random dag-on path...who didn't know where the stadium was. Weirdo...he must have had a corn cob stuck somewhere else.

Anywho...by the time we saw the stadium it was like seeing heaven...unfortunately...the tailgate was still quite a bit farther...but, I will tell you that April and I drank about 6 beers each in 23 minutes once we arrived. It was GREAT!!! So, the partying began! Shout out to Shelley for bringing the AWESOME tent!

I learned many new things at this tailgate...1) Mike still wore the exact same outfit. Some folks just don't listen. 2) His buddy can't have mug shots on the tailgate blog...he is in the CIA... 3) P.S. smells realllllly good! 4) Tequilla Chicken doesn't get you drunk...CA Car Bombs do! 5) Tequilla Chicken tastes really good after CA Car Bombs... 6) I suck at beer pong...but, that works out the best - for me :) 7) Matty is now too old to smile in pictures 8) You get more sun than you realize at every Hokie game 9) I don't sit at the tailgate...I lean...on the tailgate...chairs are just for looks 10) It is possible to have a child and not know you were pregnant...Not me...but, wow!!! Dude - that was the craziest story EVER - shout out to Lil Hunter!!! Way to freak your mom out lil dude!!!


Regardless...I have to hand it to the Hokies...the four of us get back to Roanoke while the game is wrapping up the 4th Quarter. We're chilling on the deck, tired as can be and the next thing I hear is one of my neighbors 5 houses down scream out, "THE HOKIES SCORED A TOUCHDOWN!!!" All I could say is "Woo Woo!!! GO HOKIES!!!" What a way to give that corn cob back to 'em...

1 comments:

Fun Pusher said...

NICE!! You seriously did miss one of THE BEST comebacks EVER in Lane Stadium. But that was another terrific tailgate, huh? Now...onto THIS week!!! (WHAT A MONTH!)