BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 15, 2010

Symmetry, to a Hokie

Note: GameDay pics from the Central Michigan game should be up soon. If you really must know, we had a slight technical glitch (which revolved largely around the fact that I, um, misplaced my camera...)

So, here we are…another GameDay is (almost) upon us!! I hate to say it, but we might be a little Gurus Gone Wild this weekend, as we are more or less “unsupervised” this go ‘round…Can you say, “trouble?” (bwa ha ha ha!) Ok, we will do our best to behave…but, I think you know that you don’t get to be Gurus of Good Times by behaving…so there!

First on the agenda is me, getting my Hokie-fied self down I-81 and into Roanoke this evening. I am teleworking at the moment, which largely consists of me reading things for work…and then taking regular breaks to put together my list of things I need to take to the tailgate. What can I say…life is good! ;-) Anyway, so I am planning to shove off around 3:30, putting me into ‘Oke-town around 7:30(ish), and I think it goes without saying…the fun will commence immediately. (Although not too much fun, April – we’ll be good enough to function Saturday!) [Sidebar: SO - you might notice the little coincidence that I'm leaving today at 3:30 and the GAME is at 3:30 tomorrow...well, kiddies, if you think it's a coincidence, you must not know me very well. That is called the Circle of (Hokie) Life. Symmetry, dude. Symmetry.]

Second on the agenda, is getting the truck packed up and making sure we’ve got all of our tailgate gear in order. Sorta goes without saying, but I’m sure you can imagine how many times we actually get this done the night before…I will give you two guesses, but I am thinking you will only need one. (hint: see above re: fun commencing immediately.) ;-)

Third…is, of course, getting up bright and early in order to head down to glorious Blacksburg!! (happy dance)

We’ve got some surprises in store this week…looking forward to upping the ante yet again!!

Oh, just a few words about the game…We play Wake. Wake is bad. Hopefully this will be another Skipper-filled afternoon…and we’ll finally get to see Lane under the lights…been a long time coming this season! Still no Ryan Williams (boo) but, it’s better that he be fully rested and recovered by the GT game anyway. Get all your little tailgate ducks in a row…and start bouncing…it’s almost time!!!

Gobble, gobble, b*tches!

VT – 35

Weak Florist – 10


--FP

0 comments: